I kept hearing and seeing tweets about this film to the point of exhaustion so I finally watched the trailer. And yeah, I wanna see it now. Damn you, Jaoquin! (It looks really good).
Starring: Jason Bateman, Rachel McAdams, Kyle Chandler, Jesse Plemons, Kylie Bunbury
Genre: Comedy, Mystery, Crime
Game Night was super fun!
I almost have no criticisms because it was such a good time watching the film in theaters, laughing with strangers, even on a Monday night after work.
Let me start off by saying it doesn’t need a sequel. I repeat, this movie does not need a sequel! With that said, it looks like it’s setting up for a sequel, le sigh. Why do filmmakers (producers?) have to ruin a good thing by repeating itself? Like the Oscar Wilde quote, “They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever.” Oh well, I’ll probably watch the sequel if it happens.
“You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch…!”
When I first heard Benadryl Cabbagepatch was playing the Grinch I got super excited for him to be in another hooman movie, painted green, perhaps in a green skin-suit. But animated is just as good. This trailer takes your Ordinary Grinch and makes him.. current, and fun! I love Bandicoot Cookiesnatch. 😝
The second released trailer and I’m still in love with this movie I haven’t seen. I’m not a mother, I’m not a nanny, but I am a human being that needs help from time to time. I want to see this in theatres but, ugh, not with a bunch of mothers and their offspring, lol.
When I first saw the trailer for this movie, I knew I wanted to see it. There was something refreshing about it, something different. I actively seek movies with Denzel because I enjoy watching him on screen, I trust his judgment in action. And though he gives a great performance in this film, it doesn’t absolve the story of its other sins (of which there are many). My expectations were high and soon dismissed.
Let’s start with the good,
I just want to make sure you are all aware of the insanely-awesome subscription service that is Moviepass. Here’s what you need to know:
- For $9.95/month (check the website for promotional prices) you can see one 2D movie, per day, in theaters.
- That’s right – any 2D theatrical movie, regardless of release date.
- Moviepass is accepted in over 90% of US theaters.
- Once subscribed, Moviepass will send you a debit card in the mail to use for purchasing tickets.
- To find a movie, download the Moviepass app, find your theater (you must use GPS and be within range of the theater), and “check in” to the movie you want to see.
- Use the debit card at the register or any kiosk to purchase your tickets. (Moviepass will transfer funds to the card after you check in).
- Watch your movie and do it again the next day!
I’ve had Moviepass since October and its been such a money saver. The app is notoriously bad (it has since been updated), but is worth the headache to essentially watch movies on the big screen for free.
Don’t wait! Subscribe today!
Another comedy that’s trying way too hard to be cool…but I’ll probably watch it anyway to see where it lands, lol. (Hey, “Game Night” was a surprise hit!)