Hi there, Hafeezah here, but when folks see me they say, “Hey, Feez!”
Welcome to my site, here’s what you need to know about me:
- #HeyFeez is my love letter to storytelling. It’s a movie review blog. It’s a passion project. Film sends me to worlds beyond my own imagination, and for that I am grateful and lost on words. HeyFeez is my attempt to find those words.
- I’ll review movies. The goal is to write about how the movie made me feel: what it did successfully, what I liked, what I loved, what I didn’t understand, what I missed, etc.
- I’m a cord-cutter and that experience has spiked my interest in streaming technologies. I like to follow the digital trends and budding platforms for watching new content. I will share these finds with you as well.
- I also work in the digital film industry. I started out in indie distribution and have since moved on to the major studios. It’s not as glamorous as it sounds, I work on the business side of things, still, it remains an industry I want to grow in.
- Lastly, for now, I am an aspiring screenwriter. It’s much easier said than done. With my eyes closed I can imagine all the words and ideas coming together like a 10-layered cake, but with them opened I’m terrified of the flashing prompt at my keyboard. My hope is by watching enough content and identifying exactly how it made me feel — will help me write my own stories. It’s the writing that’s hard. I just have to keep doing it until it feels natural.